DAY 1 OF THE CONFERENCE
“Canon”, a – controversial, changeable, but nonetheless powerful – collection of works that are collectively ascribed outstanding importance. Works belonging to the so-called canon are published in editions of classics, staged in theatres for decades and centuries, reviewed in the feuilleton, awarded literary prizes, translated, taught in school and universities. Due to structural racism, ableism, classism or sexism, only a few have the power to define what becomes part of the canon and who can find themselves in it. The social selection of these works exerts violence: through erasure, appropriation, economic discrimination, reproduction of discrimination. But what to do with the canon? Dismantle, transform, overwrite, infiltrate, explode, archive, start again?
• The program on Friday and Sunday will take place with live audience at Kampnagel in K2, and be streamed online. Seats on large pillows are available by booking a place in the first row. The program on Saturday will only take place digitally.
• All parts of the live program will be streamed live in Zoom Webinar and on Kampnagel’s Vimeo channel.
• Some parts of the program are in spoken German, some in spoken English. Simultaneous audio translation to both languages will be available in Zoom and in Vimeo. In Vimeo, both English and German subtitles will be available for all parts of the live program. The streaming on Vimeo will remain online after the conference.
• During the Q&As, you can ask question via the chat in Zoom Webinar, or by sending your question in a text message (the phone number will be displayed during the stream)
OPENING LECTURE: INVADING THE CANON – A DISRUPTION OF THE PAST IN THE NOW. BY KEITH ZENGA KING
19:00 / 30 min + Q&A afterwards
• Live from Kampnagel (k2), screening to Zoom Webinar and Vimeo.
• In spoken English with simultaneous translation to spoken German, English subtitles and German subtitles.
DAS KRITIKABLE QUEERTETT
20:00 / 90 min.
Guests: Achan Malonda, Jacinta Nandi, Nele Pollatschek, Maryam Aras.
Moderation: Pajam Masoumi
• Prerecorded, screening from Kampnagel (k2) and to Zoom Webinar and Vimeo.
• In spoken German, with simultaneous translation to spoken English, German subtitles and English subtitles.